Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Seokho Elementary School


















 

           My New Classroom!


Here is what my new classroom looks like - much more colorful and warm than at my previous school. The big screen in the middle of the white boards is actually a touch screen, which I am definitely still getting used to. I've lost track of how many times I've accidentally advanced a slide show because I let my fingers get too near the screen.  

Down below is a picture of my desk and the teachers' "office" (aka hallway).  It's a pretty tight squeeze, especially when students come to visit, but I like how social it is.  It's easy enough to get into the zone and not be bothered by those around you, but it's also super nice to have other people so close by.  At my previous school it was just my coteacher and I tucked away in an overly spacious and sterile office all day long.  It was always dead silent, tense, and awkward.  Needless to say, this set up is a nice change of pace.



Also included in our little hallway office is a mini fridge, a sink (laden with tooth brushes and toothpaste), a malnourished plant, and a drawer full of delicious instant coffee and tea!

I've heard rumors that my computer is slow, but it hasn't inconvenienced me yet... knock on wood!  

A teacher warned me today that it gets really cold in this area during the winter and showed me her heated seat cushion.  I'm not looking forward to winter too much, but then again...I never am.  I heard a rumor that it was possible to get feet warmers that plug into your USB port on the computer.  I might be willing to give that a try in a month or two!

1 comment: