Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chuseok Celebration II

At the end of the day, we sprayed off with a garden hose and hung up our muddy clothes.  My socks took a bout a bagillion rinses before they were even close to clean enough to run through my washing machine.  You see, I didn't have any boots to wear out in the mud, so I was told that the next best thing was thick socks.  They helped protect my feet (somewhat) from the rocks and shells.

I had to snap a couple photos of the acorns Jin's mom was collecting.  She was off in the woods nearby for most of the afternoon collecting these.  After she collects them, she brings them to a grinder who turns them into powder.  From there, she makes them into a sort of paste and makes a popular korean dish called "Acorn Jelly," although it's texture is more similar to that of jello.  It doesn't taste like much on its own, but is fun to eat when seasoned with sesame seeds and soy sauce.

The view on our ferry ride out was magnificent!

1 comment:

  1. Ferry ride view looks awesome!!! Man! You have all the fun ;)

    ReplyDelete