Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ansan Air Show

Oshkosh Experiemental Aircraft Associatin Airshow (EAA) :                                     One day ticket: ~$50
Ansan Air Show:                                                                                                    One day ticket: ~$4


Wow!  I was shocked to find that a day pass to the airshow here in town was soooooo cheap!  My friend Yoonjee (who I shared a dorm with for one semester in college) and her Italian boyfriend invited me along.  Yoonjee's been looking for an excuse to come visit me in Ansan, and this seemed the perfect opportunity!

Beside the price, lack of international people, and smaller scale of the event, there were many similarities to the airshow I'm accustomed to back home.  First, there was the exciting music, the announcer revving up the crowd, fleets of fighter jets tearing through the sky and deafening our ears, parachuters jumping from planes, and single planes twirling and spiraling, looping, and soaring. 

What surprised me the most was that I got a tear in my eye as the first plane twirled about.  Not a typical reaction while watching a stunt plane, but I guess it just reminded me of home. 


Yoonjee and I
 A special touch - the Korean flag, drawn in smoke.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm especially for $4!!!! This tempts me to be jealous lol!!! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete