Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just What the Doctor Ordered

Jeff and I have been trying to incorporate more beef into our diets.  Well, for that matter, we've been trying to incorporate anything and everything rich in iron or B12 into our diets. I feel that things got taken to the next level after a trip to the foreign market, however.  I half-jokingly pointed out a can of liver spread to him and mentioned that it had a good reputation for iron content.  I did not, however, think that he would subscribe to it.  I cringed at his excitement to pick up a can and give it a try.  Within a day, he had toasted some bread, "fluffed" the canned liver, and adorned the snack with mustard.  I, acting like a three year old, sniffed at it and pushed the plate aside.  After a little prompting, I decided to pretend it was medicine and try my hardest not to smell or taste it.  To my surprise, though, it wasn't bad.  As in, not bad at all.  I'm not going to rant and rave about it, but I also won't put up such a fuss about eating it the next time it shows up on my plate.  The consistency reminded me of tuna fish.  The taste... didn't remind me of anything at all.  Perfect, as far as I'm concerned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment