Sunday, November 25, 2012

Coffee Mug



Last Friday, I was being mobbed by a group of fifth grade girls who all wanted to touch my hair, when we heard a loud crash.  I was almost a bit thankful for it, because although it is sweet to have a group of people complimenting you and giving you attention, it's a bit overwhelming when they're all literally trying to touch you, haha. 

Either way, the small crowd broke from around me and we all went to go investigate the source of the crash.  As I walked to the front of the classroom, I saw my coffee cup shattered on the floor.  Thankfully, there was not much coffee left in it, and what there was, was cold.  But, nonetheless.  Man down. 

I had left my mug on a side table, forgetting that the students who are waiting for their next class often pile up their coats and backpacks there. 

Minor details, though.  A cup is a cup.  Both the third grade girls who had accidentally knocked it off the table, and my fifth grade admirers looked so concerned and asked if a few times if I was ok.  Such sweet girls.

I meant to get a replacement cup this weekend, but forgot about it.  Which was especially disappointing when it came time to pour my cup of freshly bought instant coffee this morning.  (Yum - seriously.  Instant coffee is delicious in this country!)

But never fear - two third grade girls showed up just after first hour with this sweet little note and replacement mug.

It's amazing how much a little thoughtfulness can perk up your morning.  Instant smile on my face and warmth in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment