Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chuseok Goodies

Some Yummy Chuseok Treats!  (추석)
Student-made and decorated with pine needles!
Yummy honey/sesame seed filling.
Comliments of Shin-hye's mom.
Chuseok is one of Korea's two Thanksgiving Holidays.  (The other one is in conjunction with New Years.)The dates change each year, but it is a two day holiday.  And lucky for me, it results in me having a five-day weekend!  Saturday and Sunday are off, like normal, Monday is off for Chuseok, and Wednesday is off for some other obscure holiday.  Tuesday... well, my school decided to have a school holiday just for fun!  (I think most principals came to the same conclusion and aren't requiring students or teachers to be at school that day.)  Also, my recrutier and his wife invited me to visit his family on an island in Incheon all day Saturday.  I get to experience a real Korean holiday - celebrated by the locals!

No comments:

Post a Comment