Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 1


My guitar and I officially made it to Sacramento!  Everything went beautifully and smoothly...except for the scene where ticket lady for the second airplane scolded me and kept looking back and forth between my guitar and the size of the carry-on bin.  Oh, and I guess the whole almost getting bumped off the oversold flight...and also getting scolded for using the first class bathroom... the food tray was in the way though, come on!

Anyway, I was able to sneak my guitar under the seat and put my sweatshirt over my lap so the neck of the guitar, which protruded out quite far, couldn't be seen.  My airplane mate and I were qutie sneaky!  She was a larger woman and didn't fit into the seatbelt all that well...so we decided that she would pretend to wear her seatbelt and I would pretend that my guitar fit. 

The sunrise from the plane was beautiful- about the same as the sunrise from the party bus on the way to the Chicago airport last summer...but that's another story!

The first night of the check-in process was quite long though.  After getting up at 4am, finally getting into bed around 11:30 pm in a timezone two hours behind was a little rough.  I had to stay up and watch The Devil Wears Prada though with my new roomie and friends!  Apparently it's a fairly accurate description of the fashion industry that two of them were immersed in before embarking on this adventure.  Got about half way through and had to pause it though due to sheer exhaustion.  The rest will be finished tonight before a large group game of capture the flag!

Today was easy though...listened to a few presentations, had some time off, played a few games, and passed my pregnancy and drug test, wahoo!  

Tomorrow, after getting my uniform and filling out lots of paperwork, there's a festival called "Second Saturday" that a bunch of us are going to in downtown Sacramento.  After that, Larry (one of the leaders) suggested that we ride a mechanical bull at a bar near there.  :)  Updates will be posted. 

Me~Kelsey~Katelyn~Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment