Monday, August 5, 2013

Mexican Food (Courtesy of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Tortilla Mix and Jeff's Amazing Kitchen Skills)

Mexican Food!!!  Yum!!!  I haven't had Mexican food in months.  And to be able to enjoy restaurant-worthy carnitas and cheese quesadillas without any concern of gluten cross-contamination was pure delight!  Jeff is absolutely spoiling me with his cooking while I'm at work.  He spent three hours simmering the pork until it literally fell apart when he touched it with a wooden spoon.  Incredible.  He flavored the pork, and a Mexican-themed veggie stew (not pictured), in a mixture of orange juice, lemon juice, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder, sage, and onions.  The salsa he made incorporated those same seasonings, poured over chunky comatoes (tomatoes with a twist?!  I'm not entirely sure... he found these green and red splotched tomato things at the supermarket) and onions.  The last piece of this heavenly meal was what inspired it all in the first place - the corn tortilla mixture I ordered off of Iherb.com that was guaranteed gluten free and delicious.  Jeff followed the directions and they turned out wonderfully!  So wonderfully that I might have snuck and extra one in between my yogurt and eggs this morning.  Even plain they're delicious! Packing leftovers for lunch is becoming more and more difficult, as I just want to eat it all the second I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment